Industrial Floors & Safety Ramps
Industrial flooring is a well-known application, suitable for both interior and exterior spaces, such as roads, pavements, squares and playing grounds, garage floors and driveways, industries and offices, shops and houses. STONECRETE Industrial Floors are characterized by increased hardness and strength of the concrete surface, ensured durability in heavy use, while the use of STONECRETE Industrial Floor Colour Hardener contributes to the prevention of cracking formation/detachments to the finished surface.
After the arrival of the concrete mix on site and the addition of STONECRETE Polypropylene Fibres (and any other additional concrete additives) to the concrete mass, the concrete then must be placed and screeded to the desired grade and its the surface must be leveled. The depth of the concrete slab may vary depending on the project's requirements. When any water bleeding on the concrete surface has been absorbed, the surface must be troweled with a power trowel (helicopter). 70% of the recommended STONECRETE Industrial Floor Colour Hardener quantity must be applied, using the "dry-shake" method, and again the surface must be troweled with a power trowel. The remaining 30% should be applied with a second coat and should then be floated and troweled with the use of a power trowel. All the concrete surface must be covered uniformly with the colour hardener. If in some places the concrete's surface is not covered, additional colour must be applied and troweled. In narrow spaces or where otherwise indicated, a hand trowel can be used instead of the power trowel. Expansion joints must be cut within the first 24 hours from the laying of the concrete, and when the surface has hardened sufficiently the area must be washed with pressured water. Finally, after the surface is completely dry, STONECRETE Super Penetrating Sealer must be applied, on one coat, in order to protect the area against permanent stains and to guarantee the unalterable and unfading nature of STONECRETE Systems.
They can be combined with additional application methods, as after the application of STONECRETE Industrial Floor Colour Hardeners, the final troweling of the surface and when the freshly placed concrete has reached its plastic limit, with the use of safety ramp (hand or walking) straight groover, Safety Ramps can be constructed. Safety Ramps can also get constructed with the use of STONECRETE Elastic Moulds, instead of the use of hand or walking groover, following the STONECRETE Stamped Concrete Flooring Systems construction method further on. STONECRETE Industrial Floors can also act as an appropriate base for other construction phases after the concrete has set, for applications such as spray deck and stencil, bicycle paths etc..
STONECRETE Industrial Floors can be constructed in any of the 30 standard colours available, and other colours may be manufactured upon request. Finally, STONECRETE Industrial Floor Colour Hardeners are available within the STONECRETE COOL SERIES range of products, resulting to an industrial floor with exceptional reflective characteristics on its surface.